Turquoise Lodge Hospital
Turquoise Lodge Hospital provides chemical dependency services to all New Mexico residents, including medical detoxification and rehabilitation services, in a hospital-based, intensive inpatient setting. Priority patients for services include: pregnant IV drug users and substance abusers, other injecting drug users and women in the process of regaining custody of their children. We also give priority for admission to patients who have a serious co-occurring medical or psychiatric illness.
Our Commitment to you during hospitalization is to:
- Provide you with a safe and protective environment
- Help you to resolve your acute symptoms
- Assist you to stabilize the crisis situation, which brought you here
- Encourage your participation in a program with a community of peers
- Assist you to develop recovery skills in your continued effort to grow as an individual and to live your life substance free
- Ensure a Continuum of Change in a place for continued support and counseling after your discharge
Turquoise Lodge Hospital began in 1952, serving 18 patients. The staff included three doctors on a rotating consultant basis, four registered nurses, two practical nurses and two male attendants.
In 2007, Turquoise Lodge Hospital moved after 54 years from its southwest valley location to its current Albuquerque location at 5901 Zuni Road SE. We now have 34 inpatient beds.