Turquoise Lodge Hospital
Turquoise Lodge Hospital provides substance abuse treatment services to all New Mexico residents, including medical detoxification and rehabilitation services, in a hospital-based, intensive inpatient setting. Priority patients for services include: pregnant IV drug users and substance abusers, other injecting drug users and parents in the process of regaining custody of their children. We also give priority for admission to patients who have a serious co-occurring medical or psychiatric illness.
To provide excellent quality health care and clinical treatment to individuals seeking the specialized services we provide. Leading with innovation; Serving with compassion.
In 2007, Turquoise Lodge Hospital moved after 54 years from the southwest valley location to its current Albuquerque location at 5901 Zuni Road SE with 34 inpatient beds. In 2013, the hospital added 20 adolescent beds in order to serve the substance abuse needs of this population. Six additional adult beds were added to serve adult patients for a total of 40 adult beds and 20 adolescent beds.
Our Clinical Team consists of professionally licensed Medical, Psychiatric, Nursing and Counseling staff. Our Professional staff has training and education in the field of addictions. Medical and Nursing care is provided 24 hours per day, seven days a week. The average length of stay depends on the level of care required, the drug of choice and the services you require. Typically, a stay is no longer than 30 days.
As you complete detoxification, you and your treatment team will determine your need for continuing into the hospital’s rehabilitation program, which is approximately 21 days long.
Our Commitment to you during hospitalization is to:
- Provide you with a safe and protective environment
- Help you to resolve your acute symptoms
- Assist you to stabilize the crisis situation, which brought you here
- Encourage your participation in a program with a community of peers
- Assist you to develop recovery skills in your continued effort to grow as an individual and to live your life substance free
- Ensure a Continuum of Change in a place for continued support and counseling after your discharge
Turquoise Lodge Hospital does not provide emergency medical services.